Friday, January 28, 2011

2011

2010 sudah gone lo. Today is 2011, January 27th.

Last year has been a roller coaster for me. There's good & bad time in personal & also work. One thing that hits me most in 2010 was the passing of my grandfather exactly on wesak day. Shockinglinggam. speechless. hhmm.. I would rather not talk about the down stuffs lah.. make me not happy only.. To summarize it, i learned alot from when i was in down & breakdown.

I mau type about my happy moment lah.. Work has been good. managed to get some good porftfolio. Then managed to run two 10km which the timing was ok for me. Then the best part was taking up the Level 1 Squash Coaching!!!! I have thought of it quite some time ago & now it came true.. Really thank choo also lah for giving this opportunity. Maybe i met the right people at the right time.

As for personal leh, relationship has been going stronger lah. fullstop.. hehe

Okay fast forward now to 2011. What i want to do this year. Can i say i declare it as a resolution? who cares anyway..

1) Cut down on my jobscope in current company. (i know who's my allies & true friend when people only say what they say. Not honoring their words. In return i was in deep shit a few times.)

2) Focus & diversify on work that can earn me cash in hand immediately.

3) Going for my part-time squash coaching. To have at least 20 student under my wing & log in my hours. If all goes well & according to plan, i will go full time & take up Level2.

4) To run 2 full marathon this year. Standard Charted KL & Penang Marathon. A big upgrade for me & i decided i want to take this challenge.

So this is the 4 main thing i want to do this year. No point have so much resolution and in the end all also cannot make it happen. Puncit half way later susah lagi and become laughing stock.

Coming to Squash. Started playing only in Form5. Later got invited for training & then from there i never stopped. Even though i'm not a pro, i still can play lah. When you fell in love with a thing it is very hard to describe why you like it so much. Up till i was doing my coaching course, i found the answer.

I wanted to promote the best way i can to get more people into this beautiful sport in the country. Simple as that & it means more to development. Vision?? Maybe. I don't know. People say in career go for your passion. At first i thought my passion & what i like most is being in Events Industry till i had a recent big breakdown & it reaffirmed that it is not i do best. Found my answer twice and not once.!!

This coaching sounds scary to me honestly and it is exciting in another way as i am out of my comfort zone as i have totally green. hehe.. and so i embrace it. Now i have started coaching & i see things differently. It brings me even more satisfaction when my student are able to hit the ball & being able to communicate with them. I tell you lah, i have fear in meeting up new people & fear of developing people. Why? because my communication sucks all time. lol.

So i'm a newbie coach per-say. There's people kept asking what's my qualification & so on. I don't give a damn on qualification. A good player doesn't means he/she is a fantastical coach. What i do care/important is, i develop you, support you, assist you, 3 way communication which is you-me-parent, communication, discussion, point out your strength & weaknesses. A new player without any experience that want's to pick up till they can play beautifully may take up to 6-9months with once a week per-session. For adults it can be faster lah. For kids, sorry to say that lah, you want your kids to burn out & hate this game then you continue push your kids lah. Still it all depends on individual on how fast they can pick up. If they are good then very fast lo..

I have already encountered parents with high expectations on results and being ***King stingy & think they know it all. I have also encountered parents which is very good & understanding. It's all very different thing & very new to me.. Luckily so far i can cope it due to the so called "passion" most people say maybe. Also i found out that being a coach got to be friendly & not lansilanyong. Friendly approachable.

Lets see how i do in 6months time.. Really thank you Choo for this wonderful opportunity & the trainer who trained us the new coaches. Looking forward for you orang punya support!!

Enough!!! i'm off for sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

聊天室 , 聊天室 , 聊天室 , 聊天室 , 真爱旅舍 , 真人秀场聊天室热舞 , 293真人秀场 , 真人秀场聊天室 , 美女qq真人秀视频 , 真人秀视频