Friday, April 15, 2011

Experience in Squash Coaching

Since i've started doing my squash coaching this past few months, i must say it really opens up my eyes bigger. Not only playing but on how to observe, pin point, motivate, & many other more. I have become to be more patient & able to get closer with kids which i resist previously. It have makes me to improve on my game, do homework, research, problem solving. I even get to enjoy more. Passion? i guess so.

I have been lucky to being introduced to a few lovely people in the industry which is very passionate about this sport & with their generosity, they were willing to chip in to point me some advice on how do i improve. Really appreciate it.

When i 1st started. I do not have even a clue on how to start the class & how the flow goes. I'm only being taught on how the basic technique should be. So when i got my first two lovely Egyptian kids to start with, i just did my lesson plan & from there no return. Constantly looking for answers & modify what i have know & experimentation. Looking for ways on how to improve my students all the time. My mind was on squash all the time.

So far i have been enjoying doing it even though i can't see where it will lead me to. I'm doing it because i love the game, passionate about it & development on players. It's not only i develop people. I got to develop myself too before i develop a player. I get to learn from everyone as well. That's the beauty of it.

Now i'm awaiting my certificate to come since i have completed my 30hr log required by SRAM. Next target for me is to take up sports science & sports conditioning. Very interesting. It keeps my mind fresh & i can't really sit down quietly. Maybe i am still new to this coaching stuff therefore i have this hyper energy.

Lets see how i fair on the next quater of the year.